Thursday, January 10, 2013

my creative space | hexagon blanket


There is something magically about the summer holidays. Morning sunshine, lazy afternoons, the feeling that you have all the time in the world. Enter the hexagon blanket. I have been loving the look of crochet hexagons for quite some time, yet they always appeared in the two hard bag. Until, the summer holidays came along and I stumbled upon the easiest tutorial I had seen for them yet. One thing led to another, and before I knew it I hard started to make my own hexagon blanket!

I've been using a similar kind of join as you go technique that I used here. It's not perfect. I'm not really convienced that I like how they join together. But at the moment, I don't want to learn a new joining stitch, as I would never finish the blanket if I didn't join them as I went along.

I am embracing the perfectly imperfect hexagon blanket. I am loving the look the solid colours give when joined together. I love that I have a new go to whenever project.

What are your currently working on?
Do you prefer long term or short term projects?


Linking up with my creative space for the first time this year.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love short turn projects when I make things for my home. Quick and effective!
    Your blanket looks lovely and the one in grey you did before, for your bed, is beautiful!

    P.S. found your blog via Her Library Adventures and looking forward following.

    ReplyDelete